Well, we have a strained peace in the middle-east that has been tested today as a Palestinian was killed by Israeli troops at the border.
Here is a summary of the 2012 Gaza war facts and figures
, as reported by the Times of Israel:
Palestinian rocket/missile attacks on Israel:
- Israel was on the receiving end of a total of 1,506 rockets that were fired from Gaza during Operation Pillar of Defense.
- At least 875 rockets, or 58 percent, landed in open areas
- 58 – 3.8% – rockets exploded in urban areas
- Attempted launches of rockets failed 152 times
Success of the Iron Dome system
- The Iron Dome missile defense system scored 421 interceptions
- Overall success rate: 84%
IDF strikes in Gaza:
- the IAF carried out over 1,500 air strikes against targets in Gaza
- 19 high-level Hamas command centers were hit
- 980 underground rocket launchers were hit
- 140 smuggling tunnels were hit
- 66 tunnels “used for terrorist operations” were hit
- 42 Hamas operation rooms and bases were hit
- 26 weapon manufacturing and storage facilities were hit
- dozens of long-range rocket launchers and launch sites were also hit
- Five Israelis were killed by rocket fire
- 240 Israelis were injured
- 177 Palestinians were killed by Israeli air strikes – 120 of them
were “engaged in terrorist activities,” an IDF spokesman said
- More than 900 Palestinians were injured
Now A truce was brokered by Egyptian president Morsi Wednesday, while US SoS Hillary Clinton pranced around as if she were doing something. It’s significant that Morsi was able to show force in bringing the Hamas to stand down. Some concern was expressed early this year when Morsi ( a strong leader of the Islamic Brotherhood) took power and now even more as he has assumed even more power in Egypt, further removing accountability for his actions, being referred to as Egypt’s new Pharaoh. This is significant with his position in the Islamic Brotherhood in pulling together the Arab nations in Northern Africa, creating, for all purposes, the Kingdom of the South spoken of in Daniel 11.
We have watched over the last couple years as nation after nation, in North Africa, falls to the rule of the Islamic Brotherhood, yet none has produced a powerful despotic leader until Morsi. Egypt appears ready to play and be a “hook in the mouth” drawing Russia into military conflict that will bring Russian military to its knees. Though Egypt won’t be a player, its leader very well may be.
In an improbable move we now have a truce, brokered by a power-hungry despot in Egypt, an American president who will make a claim on it. We’ve been watching Iran intently and ignoring what’s going on in the south. Are these the makings, the prelude, the practice steps for the Big Dance? Or are these the events unfolding before our eyes? Is this the final preparation for Magog?
Presently, the US is still in decline. She still has the most powerful military in the world, but that’s going to be curtailed with the military cuts. Soon she’ll have nothing left to lobby with except the legacy of the past. Is that what will propel Obama to a loftier position? Will he lay claim, like his fake Nobel Peace Prize to someone else’s work?
So what should the Christian be doing? How should we view this? As the epicenter of the world reaches higher and higher in focus, and the lands across the ocean become insignificant, we should be excited. Prophecy is being revealed and lived before our eyes. In Christ, we have nothing to fear and much to look forward to, these are heady days ahead. If you believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, check your heart, make sure your life is in right standing with God, your past won’t help you in the present if you’re not living rightly. Prepare for the worst as Revelation describes and live for the best, feel free to prepare as if you will be here. The worst, then, that will happen is that someone left behind can be blessed by God, and that should bless you now.
God is a sovereign and loving God. He has warned us well in advance of these things coming. He is a just God and these things must take place. But you don’t have to be on the worst end of these events. The time of judgement is coming, very soon, but He has provided a way for you. He brought you here to read this, just now, at this time, to offer you His salvation. You can accept His free gift, it’s the easiest, yet the hardest thing you can do in your life. Consider carefully what your life consists of, look at it and repent of your sin, ask His forgiveness and accept His gift of love. Do it now, you may never get another chance.